Thursday, May 19, 2011

Spring is here, and summer is just around the corner.

I got my first sunburn of the season.   It was my fault as I was enjoying the sun so much I didn't bother with sunscreen.   I am not an avid sunscreen user.  I believe that we need the sun, and blocking it out all the time isn't good.  If I know we are going to get more sun than usual, especially going to the lake, ect, I make sure to slather us good.   For everyday playing in the yard and going to the park, I just skip it, unless it seems extra "hot".   Spring rolls around though, and I always forget to ease into the the season.  The girls rarely burn, and I always do in the spring.  Besides my fairer skin, I am sure it is also because they spend more time outside, bit by bit, in the spring, and have gotten a bit of a tan before the sun gets close.   So, here I am with a dark red forhead and red face, shoulders, arms and back, and my girls got a bit of pink yesterday that is almost gone already today.   That is all good though, as I would rather have me burn than them.   Then I don't feel guilty, just ditzy.  Ha!   

In other news, Amelia had her first dance recital a couple weeks ago.  She did really good, and was cute as can be (of course)!






During the intermission, Gwen got up on stage and entertained everyone.  She is so cute!

No comments: